Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A month already??



Friends did i tell yall its a short week of work this week? WOOO!!!! ha. So that means after tomorrow there will be only one work day left of this week=)=) ha. Actually. Working hasn't been that bad. Lately i've just been riding around with dad in the mornings and we've been talking. So good. After we did our morning rounds, i came home to have lunch with moms and grandma. They were spring cleaning today. Ha. This morning steph and mom were sitting silently in the kitchen and out of the blue, mom said, "i think i'm gunna vacuum the ceiling today." Bahahaha. I'm laughing to myself right now. Anyway. After lunch i cleaned out the barn. Then. went with steph to pick up dads truck, then back to the shop to help dad do some random things. Then while he did stuff that i couldn't do, i sat in the office and kept Melissa company. I enjoy doing that. Once we got home we went for a nice run, then i drove the tractor for dad. Ha. Nice evening it was. Steph said today, its like we live in the old day. We run the family business,we have chores around the house, and we even grow our own food. haha. Dad laughed when we told him that.

Crazy to think its almost been a whole month that i've been home. The Donald Miller book i'm reading is all about story. All this kind of crazy stuff about stories. Anyway. I can't stop thinking about my story. What kind of story am i living right now? Ah. Anyway. This prolly doesn't make sense to ya unless you've read this book. But. Last week i was telling Steph and Jake about the story i was living. But. Then today. Steph and i were talking today about Dad. And yall. Apart of my story is about Father. My earthly father and heavenly father. Over the past month. I have spent more time with my Dad than i ever have. I'm actually learning about him. He's the hardest worker i've ever seen. My dad wakes up at 5 every morning and doesn't stop till around 8pm. Crazy. So it makes sense to me know why he comes home and sits, and usually falls asleep on the couch. He's not one of those workaholics not forgets his family. He's just a super hard worker. Another thing i have learned about him is when he does a job, it better be right. And he cares about his customers. He wants them to be pleased with the work. He is so good. Things that my Dad does, other than want i've said, reminds me so much of my heavenly Father. Some people know i joke about being a man often, but i'm being for real right now. My dad is my definition of a real man. Legit. He provides for his family and protects us. Only wants the best for us. Im just a crying while i type this, but its just an emotional connection i have with my dad. that we all have with our dads. I never understood him, and i still don't really, but. I do a bit more now, and hope to understand him a whole lot more by September. I'm so thankful for the example he is for me and my family. I'm glad he is hard on me, maybe not all the time, but i just understand he wants the best for me. I love my dad. Keep praying friends. Right now my dad is just dealing with a lot. He's super busy with work and his phone never stops ringing. ha. Anyway. So much. But so much good stuff.

Tomorrow should be an interesting day. And. Sorry there aren't any up to date pictures. Emillie decided to sneak my camera with her to South Carolina. ha. Anyway. Tomorrow=)

No comments:

Post a Comment