Saturday, March 27, 2010

Finally Friday


One of the best days at home yet! It was just so good. It was evident that the Father was working. I saw it. All day.
Started off with a nice 7:30 morning meeting Dad at the office to load all his stuff up and prep him for the day. We had to transfer all of his items from his truck to the other work truck. ha. He was in a great mood and we joked all day. We were working back at Kisatchie Bayou Campgrounds. Friends. It was so beautiful out there today. But. Anyway. The ride out there was completely from the Lord. I was reading my new book, btw i'm already in like chapter 9, and dad was just chatty this morning. I mean... my dad likes to talk but usually he's on the phone talking. While he was on the phone i read, and when he wasn't we were talking. Not just ramdon talk but good things. He jokes a lot that he has to pay me to hang out with him. And friends. I don't want him to ever have to joke about that. I want to hang out with him. I like it. Sometimes its just hard. I feel like we have to talk about things, and we don't. We don't really like the same things, and we don't have deep conversations. But my friends. We did today. Remember how i was telling yall about how i was just going to be praying more about the things to happen then for me to try and make them happen? Well. I had been praying about my dad and I just having a real conversation. And he just randomly happen to ask me if i was ok or if there was anything i wanted or needed to tell him. And friends i couldn't even speak for like a minute cause i was in such awe of what just happen. More or less just thanking the Lord. I proceeded to tell Dad how things are just hard for me right now and some other things. YALL. He was so understanding and compassionate and encouraging and comforting. HOLD UP. My dad is not those things too often and so divinely the Lord gave me one of those sweet moments with my daddy today. I just kinda cried while talking to my dad. Like i was just filled with so much joy. That one moment with my dad i think will be the turning point in our communication. Not to say its all fixed. Because there will need to be many more of those conversations. We talked about me being at home, abt the future, about jobs, about life. So good. The best part of the day by far.

Once i got home from work i pulled up in the driveway to find steph sitting in her car on the phone. So i decided to treat her with a lil dance to "I Gotta Feelin." We were celebrating the weekend! ha. Then all us girls went to go run the route for our churches 5k next friday. Some other girls from our church came and ran with us. It was fun to. Jake got there right as we were finishing. Then Em and I went and picked up pizza's. It was also fun. ha. We listened to Needtobreathe and talked about each song of their new cd and what we thought the meanings of each song was. ha. One thing we realized that as Christians we understand what they're talking about. Like, "Lay em down," "Outsiders," "Let Us Love." They're just so good. Check 'em out.
Now we're all sittin in the living room as a lil family, adding Jake in the mix, watchin "Kite Runner." Good movie. I mean... i think so. I'm been back and forth writing this and watchin. ha. Anyway. FRIENDS. its the weekend!!!

Even though things are often hard. Its always worth it. I'm learning that. i"m reminded often of Romans 8:18," Our present sufferings cannot be compared to the glory that will be revealed in us." That just brings me hope, and much joy to my heart=) I usually make things out to be worse than they usually are gunna be. But the truth is. Things are never really as bad. I also am reminded of that often being at home. My heart is full today. The Lord is so true. So faithful. I love him. Today. Today i am content being at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment