Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Just call me Herman Jr's (aka Dad) Chauffeur



Today I went to work with dad. It was a much needed day. Most of the time when it's just me and dad we get along much better. Don't know why, it just kinda happens. Anyway. First funny story of the day. Not even 5 mins on the road, there were these two young boys, probably in elementary school, riding down the side of the road. One on a four-wheeler and one on a dirt bike. When I first spotted them I said, "Why aren't these kids in school?" and dad said, "My sentiments exactly." hahaha
First stop of the day. A huge railroad factory. Who knew they still built railroads. Cause I sure didn't. ha. And I asked dad, "So thats where they crisco the wood?" and then he just laughed saying, "Creosoting Al. Not crisco."
Second stop. Eunice, Louisiana. about and hour drive from factory. Note to self: Stop drinking so much water when you travel with dad, he doesn't enjoy making many stops=)
Last stop of the day was at my roommate, Emily Switzers, house. Her dad and my dad are good friends. Anyway. Dad had to do some work for him. So. Yesterday i learned how to shoot grades. Ha. Thats what i'm doing in that picture. haha.
Like I said, it was a much needed day with my dad. I feel as if i don't really know my dad. So on this break of mine i want to get to know him. Like really know him. I want him to know me. I want him to get me. To understand me. And i want to get him and understand him. He is really so great. So if ya want friends. Yall could be praying for Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment