Thursday, March 18, 2010

An Undivided Heart








"Teach me your ways, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name." Psalm 86:11

Wow friends. It's so funny how an undivided heart is what I was struggling with today. First let me tell you that I decided that each week i'm home I will memorize scripture. One a week. And psalms 86:11 just divinely happen to be this weeks.
Yesterday and today have not been the most encouraging days. All morning I just began questioning why I was here again. I was just not content, this morning, with being home. I was missing my friends, my MLK kids, and just everyday encouragement surrounding me. My parents aren't the most pleased with me right now, so anytime we start to talk about the future or whatnot it's just discouraging. Not that they mean to be at all, it just happens to be. All day long I just battled with being content. Having to rebuke the devils lies and then remind myself that the Lord is not withholding any good thing from me (psalm 84:11). That he is working for the good of those who love him. AND. That these present sufferings cannot be compared to the glory that will be revealed in us (Romans 8). So. I just have to keep rebuking and reminding.
The turn around of the day was when my sweet friend Bonnie called. She is so good. So encouraging. So faithful. I miss her. But. It was such a good conversation. Just catching each other up on our lives and encouraging each other. She just spoke a whole lot of truths to me and she listened. Again. She is so good.
Then when I got off work I got to go play with my sweet kids. They were so fun today. When I pulled up in the drive Rhys jumped off his lil toy and was just yelling my name running to me=) Oh thats such a good feeling. He now says Allyson and its precious. Ella was clapping and Zell was even glad I was there! Thats such a great feeling when even small children are excited to see you. We rode in the wagon and even Rhys pulled me in it. ha. Then we picked their mom flowers, helped Zell practice t-ball and only my favorite, we swung. It made my heart happy and it brought me joy to see them. The way they want my attention and want to show me everything is just so exciting. I absolutely love it!
The day turned around. The Lord is faithful and His word is true. He will give me an undivided heart. Be praying for encouragement. Pray that I am clinging to the word. And that the Lord is changing my parents hearts.

Top 10 things of the day
1) Talk with Bonnie
2) Getting a tan... aka sunburn
3) Working with Steph most of the day
4) Playing with the sweet kids
5) Cooking dinner with Em
6) Bike ride
7) Reading in the hammock
8) Oranges
9) Being reminded of the truth
10) PAY DAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment