Sunday, March 28, 2010

Random Saturday






Friends. Many things happen today. I feels like it has been a suuuuppppppeeeeerrrrrr looooonnnnggggg day. Again. A good day, minus the few mishaps this evening, but. Still just a good day. First let me say, i got up at 5:30 to bring Emillie to the airport this morning. She's going to SC till thursday. So. Needless to say i only got about 4 hrs of sleep. When Jake comes to town we tend to have late nights. haha. Anyway. Once we got to the port Em's flight was earlier than we thought. So i dropped off, prayed for her and left. On my way back i got to see the sunrise. Sorry i talk about the sun so much. It really is just one of my favorites. REALLY. Anyway... Zell had a soccer game at 9. So on my way to there house i stopped to get them donuts and then when i got to their house, the kids were still asleep so i got to go wake them all up. They were precious. All smiling when they saw me. Rhys just wanted me to lay down with him and go back to sleep. ha. So we got the kids ready and left for Zell's soccer game. It was a fun time. Zell's team won 8-4. Zell scoring all 8 goals! He LOVES soccer. and as you can tell. He's pretty good at it=)

After that i came straight home and took a short 20 min nap. Then i left and went with Dad to a cow sale. Friends. If yall didn't know my family use to be big in showing cows. I showed them until 8th grade i think. So. My cousin Jaymee still shows but she was playing softball today and couldn't make the sale. So Dad and i were on a mission to get her a good beefy steer. It was sweet to see people i haven't seen in years and catch up on life. And. I hung out with dad without him paying me today. It really is good. I mean... we get along better whens it just me and him. Its getting better.

Once we got home i took another nap for a few hours this time. ha. When i woke up i took some pictures of steph and jake. We'll have many more to come. We're just gunna have short lil photo shoots everytime we're all together. If ya didn't know. I also REALLY love photography. Taking the photos and the actual photos. They were fun to take pictures of. They really love each other and its evident. I couldn't pick anyone better for my sister than Jake!

Then.... The whole fam, minus em, went to eat dinner and a walmart trip. ha. When you go to walmart with my parents it usually isn't a short trip. So. Jake, Steph, and I walked around for good bit. ha.
As i said last Sunday, i was now helping out with the 9th and 10th grade girls sunday school class. So in the morning i'm teaching. The one thing i want to do with these girls is be real with them. This month they're studying the bible. Like the use of it and stuff. Tomorrow we're just gunna discuss what it is to each one of them. I want to break this traditional southern baptist, sunday school answer crap. I want them to be real with me, and if i want that i may take awhile but i'm gunna be as real as i can be with the girls. There is about 10 consistent ones that come each sunday. Be praying the Father just speaks through me. I know that was about the time i really started understanding the word, well, praying for understanding of the word. I know it can be boring sometime. But. I just want them to find out for themselves what it is. Besides all the sunday school stories that we have been told since birth and that we know every detail about. What about the rest. Ya know? Or even the stories that we do know. Realizing they were REAL people, with insecurities, lies in their heads, doubt, flesh, family. All the things we struggle with, so did they. Anyway. Pray the word becomes real to them. Pray the Father speaks through me. Only His words would come out of me. Spirit of calmness and wonder and desire would cover that sunday school room and each girl this week. I will update yall on how it goes tomorrow night=) Oh... one more thing. Pray the Lord puts a guard around my heart and eyes the discouraging things people may say. And when its said, that He reminds me of His truth!


OH Sorry sorry!!! One more thing! Just be mindful of MLK tomorrow. Pray tomorrow the Lord will fill our students with a patience with each other and the kids! MLK friends. Know i am always praying for yall! Know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment