Friday, March 26, 2010

SNAKES!!!!!


We saw a snake today!!!!!! Ah. Can i just say that snakes are one thing I DO NOT like!! They flip me out! ha. Well... let me tell yall the story. We were at Dads new camp cleaning up and whatnot. And since its not finish, there is once again, no plumbing. So. This only left us with plan B. Which was to pee in the woods. ha. So steph and i went to go use the bathroom behind an old building thing. We were just standing by the bank of the river looking out and i notice steph was staring at something. Once i figured it out she said, "you think thats a snake?" and i said "well YEA. Thats its head right there!" hahaha... Then steph took off running back to the camp and i followed right behind her. Once we got back to the camp we told Josh, Michael, and Bryan about the snake and they were gunna kill it! ha. Once we got back to where it was it was gone. Too bad. Needless to say Steph and i were on the watch for snakes the rest of the day. I mean... who knew snakes were out already. When we were on our lunch break, before we saw the snake, we were sitting on the rocks by the river just admiring the creation. Steph and i just got to talk about real stuff. About the things we feel. About insecurities, and how everyone struggles with them. It just became real to me. And steph just said something that she says often, "we're all the same." And ya know friends. We are. We're all the same. We all deal with things. We all feel lonely at times, we all have insecurities, we all want to be loved. And it all hit me again. Duh. We were made in Gods image. All created by the one and only creator. I sometimes think how life just sucks sometimes. and yea. it does. But. Heck i can't even image what it would be like without my Savior. He didn't just save me from my daily sins, but he saves me from the daily lies the devil puts in my head, the daily insecurities i have, the daily defrauding of my contentment, the daily discouragement. He is so faithful. I have received at least 5 encouraging phone calls, messages, and emails, maybe even more, the past week. One that was so encouraging was a lady from my home church that i've known for a long time but we have never been really close or anything. She's in her late 30's ish. Ha. Sorry if i'm so off. But. She just told me how she still doesn't know what she's doing here. But she knows the one thing that is for sure and never changes about her life is that she is here to bring the Lord glory. And friends. Thats it. Thats all i want to do. I know i mess it up sometimes and don't always bring him glory in every action, but thats my hearts desire. I'm holding to that right now. That if i'm here or in Ruston i'm going to bring him glory. Pray that i can do that.
I also finished a book today, and i'm starting a book by Donald Miller, "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years." Stephanie recommended it. She said it is a must read for me in my 'New Season.' ha. Besides the random lies from the devil and self discouragement, that i will prolly battle for awhile now, it was another day for me to try to become the best for Jesus.
One more thing. I may have said this already, but i don't know if its because i'm home or what, but it day is literally like an adventure for me. And i continually look for Jesus to be moving and working. I'm just more aware of what He's doing. and i like it. Each day He's molding me to be more like Him. Each day He is using someone to encourage me. Its so sweet.
After tomorrow its the weekend. And as steph always says,"We're always working for that weekend!" haha. Jake's coming in for the weekend and we have some fun things planned. It'll be good. I think i'm working with Dad tomorrow and all the men. hahaha. Makes me laugh. So pray for conversations. Life giving conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment