Friday, March 19, 2010

My first week!










Ok. I know there are a whole lot of pictures. But. Let me tell ya. It was a VERY VERY LOOOOOONNNGGG day. ha. Shall I begin?

The day started around 6am. We had to go to Cottonport, La. Ever heard of it? ha. But. We had to get tools first so we had to stop at Lowes. Might i add that we were there before they even opened. ha. So the picture above is dad deciding on which tools to buy. And when it comes to my family making decisions, it all stems from my dad. ha. Anyway. Once we left there we were on our way to Cottonport. One plus to getting up this early is getting to see the sunrise. And these days... Its become one of my favorite things. Once we got to Cottonport we got straight to work. Well. First i helped the boss man to make a decision about what we should do. Thats another picture up there with dad. ha. Then steph and i got to raking. We raked that whole lot. Spreading all that rock. hahaha. On site there were a few prizes for us. ha. The potty being one of them=) And the guy holding the rake in the picture is Chad. He hired dad to do the job. Anyway. He was so friendly and talkative. We talked about college and his experiences with it. It was a great conversation. College is different for everyone. And our conversation helped think about a few things differently.
After we left there we went to Marksville, La. Had to do some cleaning up from a wreck last week. While we were there Mr. Tommy and Mr. Joel found several crawfish. So steph and i had fun with that lil guy in a our pic. Also, during that time Joel and i had a very unexpected legit conversation about his life. It's always kinda crazy and humbling when me, a 18 year old girl, gets to encourage a 35 year old man. Be praying for him. It was just so good to get to listen to people talk today. Along with all these great talks, came more burned skin! =( who knew the sun would be so bright today. and its pretty much the first suns my skins has seen since october. haha. Steph's burned up too.
A few things today that made my heart happy were... Conversations with Chad and Joel. Em breaking it down to her secret love to rap music. My coworkers. Laughing with Steph. Being at home by myself a few hours (ya know. sometimes being by yourself is so refreshing). A sweet, encouraging message from a dear camille. and my favorite, watching the sunrise and sunset.
Friends, can i just say. it has not been easy at home. I'm learning to be content in my "New Season." And friends... its SO hard. There are so many specific things that i want to see change. Please. Please. Please be praying for my contentment. That stupid things will not defraud my contentment. Paul in so encouraging in Phil 4 about being content. Know when i sit back in look through this time through the Lords eyes my heart is at peace. I just have to be reminded often of that=) Its the weekend. And tomorrow we're road trippin! Details coming tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment