Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Wedding Dress



Today was the day. The day to find Stephs wedding dress. So. We all, Emillie, Stephanie, Krista, Mom, B, and me, loaded up and went to Baton Rouge this morning. First stop was at Forest Hill for the nursery festival to get some kinda decoration thing mom wanted. ha. Then we continued on our way to BR.
Let me just say. That we were not shopping for just any dress. But. THE dress. a vintage, short, ivory, detailed dress. So. we didn't even start at a bridal shop, but a high dollar vintage, thrift store. No luck really. Then we had lunch at Carrabba's. A nice lil italian restaurant. Then we started off on our mission again. We went to a few more boutique type places and next door was a Barnes and Nobles. Can I just say, I could spend HOURS in bookstores. Like really. I will read half the book while sitting right in the middle of the aisle. Anyway. I happen to pick up a book cowrote by Shane Claiborne, "Becoming the Answer to Our Prayers." Wow. I just read the intro and the first chapter of the book (didn't buy it. but its on my list of reads). And how my eyes were open to a few new things. One thing they talk about in the book was how important prayer is. I know we always here about that. but really. Just how if we would spend more time praying about the people instead of trying to talk to the people or do stuff to them or for them, when the Lord hears our prayers He's going to work through it all. Basically, it was saying its more important to spend time praying about something than it is trying to do something. Got it? That really just hit me today. Friends, i can't be in ruston right now, and i can't be with MLK right now. But i can be praying about it. And its more important for me to be praying about MLK than it is for me to be there. Don't get me wrong, its important to do too. I wish i could explain this better. I just know now that instead of me trying to figure out the future, and trying to talk to my parents and change their mind about things, that it will devote that time to praying about it. I was telling yall yesterday how I wanted to see so many things change. And one of those things about me is me becoming a woman of prayer. I can just tell often how the Lord is molding me into that. This is just another little thing that He is teaching about prayer. So. I'm saying this because i want to be challenged. Let me pray for you. Tell me what to pray for. How to pray specifically for you. I want to. I have nothing but time on my hands at home. Especially working most days alone. ha.

After our long day, on our way home, i got a random phone call from someone in Ruston. When we started talking it was just about how they heard i wasn't in Ruston anymore and how they were missing me. Anyway, the phone call was about some other things, but it was so uplifting and encouraging. It was THE highlight of the day. Soon i will be sharing about the phone call, but right now i just really need yall to be praying that the Lord is leading me. My verse i'm memorizing this week is my prayer. Pray this for me:

" Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalms 25:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment