Monday, April 5, 2010

Working that 12 hour day

So. It was a long day. I mean... most days are pretty long. And the fact that the days are long now, doesn't help. I worked 7am- 7pm today. I didn't do too much. We started off by setting stakes for a new house. Before we started i had a lil mishap. Dad told me to find him some stakes around the shop. And the first ones i saw were all wrapped up in black plastic stuff. I kept trying to pull it out and it never would come off. So i went and asked dad for his pocket knife, btw, most men from grant parish carry a pocket knife, who knew? ha. Anyway. So. Then i went to cutting off the stakes. Once we got to the house site, dad went to get the stakes and when he started looking at them, he realized why i needed his pocket knife. I had cut his silt stakes. haha. Luckily Joel was there to take up for me. I mean... heck. I didn't know any better. It was a nice lil funny for the morning. It'll be awhile before they let me live that one down. It'll prolly be the next time i do something silly again. Which prolly won't be long. hahaha. But. Like i said, Joel took up for me. He said he's been working for dad about 15 years and he still does silly things like that. Maybe not that silly he said, but close. I do love that Joel. Like i said, he's been working for dad since i can remember. He's like my brother. He took up for me all morning though. Every time Dad went to get on me, Joel would take up for me. Those men have become so special to me. Everyone of them. Mr. Tommy keeps me laughing all day. Well. They all keep me laughing all day. They are so kind to me. Its hard for me to actually do a lot of hard work around them, cause they hardly ever let me. They always carry everything, get everything, fix everything. ha. They take care of me. But sometimes, i wish i could do more. I get bored not being able to do stuff. And i good and well know i can almost do whatever they do. Well... maybe not even almost. They are all pretty strong. Everyday i'm amazed at how different guys are from girls. I've never really been around boys/men this much. EVER. So i've learned much about guys over the past month. Well. At least these guys. haha. They are my friends. I enjoy hanging out with them. Its neat to get to learn about their lives. Being able to specifically pray for them. Thats what i'm trying to do now. I don't really think any of them are believers. So... that specifically something i'm praying for right now.

After we left the house site. We went back to the bayou. We as in dad and me. It was nice. I read some of my book until i fell asleep, only waking up to my Dad fishtailing down the gravel road. haha. Then we proceeded to talk about when he was a boy thats what they always did. ha. Once we got there we did some small work stuff, then we did the regular works. Its just so amazing how crazy different things are between me and Dad. I was telling steph today, that its not even really that Dad has changed. But i have changed. I see my Dad differently now. The Lord has changed me. Its neat to see that. So when he gripes at me now, i don't get mad, or defensive, or get my feelings hurt, i just take what he says and understand he is not very tactful with his words and his tone is some times just harsh. Thats it. That doesn't mean he is mad at me. Today when he would gripe or get on to me, it was just so different. I liked seeing the change.

After work i went to Jaymee's birthday party. She turned 17 today. Its so crazy. So crazy. So i got to see all my families again. They i came home and helped dad finish planting the garden, and steph and went for a nice walk to talk about our day. I love those moments.

As i was reading tonight, i read over a verse in proverbs 4:2... "I give you SOUND learning, so do not forsake my teaching." Friends. When i read that, i just thought about how that is so true. How we forget that so often. I know i do. Sound learning. Thats not feeling, or seeing, but hearing! Thats so exciting and encouraging to me. I know he speaks to us different ways, but i often wish he would just yell so loudly to me what he wants me to do! Don't yall ever feel that way? I mean... i think everyone does. And that is just encouraging. By sound He shares things. He teaches us and we learn from it. =)

Be praying for my coworkers: Joel, Josh, Brian, Michael, Tommy, Jimbo, Sam, and Lee. Oh and Mr. Jimmy. He has been sick. In and out of the hospital. Pray for healing for him. Pray for their salvation. For their sweet families. Daily the Lord would cover them with His love. I love them friends. I pray to see them change. To see beauty and glory! Again. Tomorrow!

The names i get called everyday by my coworkers, friends, and family. ha
1) Al
2) Big Al
3) Ally
4) Ally- Cat
5) Allyson

Makes me laugh=)

No comments:

Post a Comment