Saturday, April 3, 2010

I Get It From Daddy=)

i LOVED today! I actually slept till close to 9! Which was so awesome. ha. Then Ella won the in the Dogwood pageant and had to ride in the parade today. So Mom and i went to the parade. My grandparents were there, Jen, Lacey, Colby, and the boys were there. Its always fun with them. We ended up with SO much candy. And with my grandpa we didn't leave one piece on the ground. ha. The ground around us was spotless. After the parade i walked to the festival with my grandparents and hung out with them for a bit. It was a sweet time. Grandma and i got corn dogs and lemonade. Ya know. You only get the good ones at festivals and carnivals. ha. It was funny to be with my grandma. She is such a diva. She had her Ray Bans on, and her gladiator sandals=) I hope im as hip as she is at 76! haha.  But. I did get to see a few friends that i haven't seen in a while. Like my friends Trey and Casey. Every time i would come home i would usually have coffee with trey, or we would get to ihop or the movies or something. He was the VP of our sr class, and i was our president, so we got to work together a lot. He is one friend that i just love. That i would do anything for. I love him for who he is, and just the way he is. Its so amazing how the Lord has worked between us. All through high school trey and i weren't really friends. Then our senior year when we had to work together, the Lord just molded our friendship. I know if any reason i was class president was to build a relationship with him. He is now engaged to our friend Katie. Anyway. It was exciting to see him for a whole 5 mins. ha.

Then after the festival, i came home to get ready to go to a wedding. Our sweet family friend Ronald Sanburn, got married tonight in Natchez, Ms. My Dad LOVES Ronald. Ha. So we had to get there early and my dad was just so excited. It was THE shortest wedding i have ever been to. Literally the ceremony lasted least than 10 mins. It was so fun. The Sanburn family is the funniest family i know. One of the girls played softball with Em and Steph. And her lil brother was always that mean lil boy that would throw dirt on me and chase me around the ball park. Ha. Anyway. He is all grown up now. In high school. And sweet. I couldn't believe it was him. Their parents, though, are hilarious. Of course i spent half the night on the dance floor. And Ronald and all his groomsmen graduated with Steph. So i've known these guys forever. So it was fun to dance with all them. AND. get this. My dad is a dancing machine!!!!! I mean... i LOVE to dance. But i always thought i got that from my mom. She loves music and is always snapping and bobbing her head. ha. BUT. Tonight.  My mind was changed. Im pretty sure i get it from my daddy. ha. He two stepped with me, and free styled. Tonight will be one of my favorite memories with my dad. While we were dancing he said when he was about my age he won a dance contest in shreveport. ha. Isn't that funny? I never knew my dad liked to dance so much. I would see him dance here and there with my mom. but never freestyle like tonight.  It was so AMAZING.

I thought maybe we would be at the wedding for a whole two hours. 3 the most. but. Nope. We were there for 4 hours. haha. But. By the time we left, my dad was a lil chatter box. So. On the way home he was just a talking. Non stop. I mean. If ya know me, you know i'm a pretty emotional person. Like with my excitement, and i cry. Often. ha. Anyway. The things my dad was saying just made me start crying. Ha. i feel silly. But. He was just saying things like, he has enjoyed me working with him the past few weeks. And he said, "its more like a bonding time, than a working time." WOW. AH. It was just great to hear my dad say these things. And how he was so glad i came with them tonight. And that he liked my dance moves. haha. The Lord is really changing and working with my relationship with my dad. And friends. Its just so overwhelming seeing the Lord work. Thats why i'm so emotional with all this with my dad. When my dad was talking about us bonding with work and stuff, he brought up a time when i was in elementary school, and i would go hunting and fishing with my dad ALL THE TIME. Then i got in jr high, and cheerleading, and so on and i didn't really like it anymore. I realize now, my dad prolly thought i didn't like him anymore. i can honestly say, that was prolly the last time i have spent so much time with him. I really love my dad. OH. And another thing he said, was that he enjoyed bonding with all his girls, and especially me, because we're so much alike. Ah. I am just so thankful. So full of joy. He also told me that i have been doing an excellent job the past few weeks. ha. I don't even think i've been doing anything. haha. Yall. i'm laughing, crying right now. hahaha. Yall would be laughing at me if yall saw me. The past few times i've been blogging, i've just been crying as i type. haha. And every time someone has seen me, and they think something is wrong, and then i get to share my joy with them! Its just so good.

Its crazy to see how much things have changed the past month that i've been home. How much i've changed. One thing. Each day is just so special. The things of the day are never the same. Every day since i've been home the Lord has done something crazy. And just like today, it happened at a wedding. Friends. Pray it keeps changing. Pray that Em and I can be selfless to each other.

And. Pray for Ronald and Adrin. I want the best for them. Doesn't everyone want the best for everyone. Anyway. Pray they love each other. Love from the Lord covers them. And. TOmorrow is Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment