Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ah.



I am becoming a horrible blogger. But. Nonetheless life is still going one. Things are still changing. Special, sweet things are still happening each day. And the Fathers love is still covering me at home=)

I just have come to the point that some things are more important than blogging. Like sleep. and helping. Like stopping and doing nothing. And people. The time in each day is so precious at home. Each day flies by. I mean, i thought timed moved fast before, but now. Wow. Its always later than i ever think it is, and so much more happens in my day here, than ever before. And just a few extra hours to the day now. A normal  schedule for me is waking up usually every morning at 6 working from 6:30 till about 5, running with my sisters when i get home, help clean or do stuff around the house, eat, shower, sleep. ha. I'm not complaining. I like it. Its just some things are more important than blogging. ha.
This past week there were a few days i started to grow weary of being home. The mornings i had to wake up extra early didn't help. ha. Its so funny how the Lord would quickly throw something in my face and remind me again, he's still working. Funny how my memory verse last week was "The Lord does whatever pleases him, in the heavens and on the earth, in the seas and all their depths." Psalm 135: 6. That is much encouragement to me. Many times the bible tells us he's in control, he does what he wants, he doesn't withhold any good thing from us, he's working through us. I'm just reminded of these truths in those weary moments. Just being reminded he IS working. He hasn't stopped and he WON'T. Ah. Makes me smile. He is working here in "Blessed Bentley", as steph calls it. Already this morning, i had a sweet talk with my dads secretary about her kids. How they're night and day. Its funny how she'll ask me what i would do. AH. not funny, its crazy. I pray in those moments, the Lord speaks through me.  I'm pretty sure i'm working most of the day alone. Sometimes, i like it. It doesn't happen very often anymore. And, my sweet Mib (our dog) is here to keep me company. Ya know, i don't really like dogs, or cats, or really pets. ha. A few reasons why. But. I have grown to like my dog. A LOT. i like how they're just there. They don't talk, sometimes you don't even know they are there, and other times they want every bit of your attention. And most of the time they love their owners. They don't even care what they look like or who they are or anything really. I like that too.  Ha, and i'll jam to some of my new faves at the moment:
1) A lil Johnny Cash
2) Switchfoots new cd (thank you, Colin McAfee)
3) the Beatles
4) Brooke Fraser
and some random others...

Its going to be a good, good day=) As of now i have to wash/clean my dads FILTHY work truck. it'll prolly take me a few hours. Then load the RV for his Man trip tomorrow. ha. Talladega Superspeedway. Yall. He has been so excited about this. He's went every year for the past 5 years prolly and will prolly continue going. ha. Every time one of his buddies calls they'll talk about it FOREVER. haha. Its funny. I like it. So after tomorrow, it'll be a girls week. Those are always fun. We do girl stuff. Ha. Anyway. So i'm getting dad ready for his fun trip.

This past weekend was yet again, another sweet weekend. I went back to ruston for MLK. And, its always a plus to see my friends, and other sweet people. Most of our group of friends went out of town, so their was only 5 out the 13 prolly there. ha. So it was sweet time to get to hang out with Megan, Leah, Colin, and Spencer. I'm really close to both of the girls, but it was so special to me to get to actually hang out with Colin and Spencer. They are so funny. I love that spencer, he dances with me. ha. And colin says he can't dance, BUT. I saw a few of his dance moves, AND saw his senior video of him breaking it down, A LOT. hahaha. He prolly doesn't even know that. Ba ha.
I always have talks with people randomly, never really planned, and that is something so dear to my heart. I love to know how people feel about things. I love to see how different the Lord created us all. How we all feel different about different things. All the things we want out of life, and where the Lord has us right now. The different things we're learning. Ah. I LOVE PEOPLE.
I also got to stay with Leah while visiting. Its so exciting how much i adore her. We have such an easy friendship and it has grown to become so deep. We have become so close since about Christmas. We just met in september, and she is one of those people i feel like i've known a long time. She also dances with me=)
Sunday night, all of the friends got back in town and we had dinner together and just got to hang out and chat. AH. i LOVE them. Everyone of them! SOOO MUCH. They all have a special place in my heart. They all mean something different to me. I love that the relationship i have with say Stephanie, is not the same as i have with say,  Emillie. And they can never be the same. No relationship anyone has with anyone can not be the same with another person. The people are different. Some people understand other people better than others. Does this make since? Anyway. All of my relationships are different with them all. Some people i talk more about what i'm going through and life more, and some i listen more about their life. Its good. So good. Ah. My heart is happy thinking about it.
I did get to see Zachary. Its so weird how close we are and how we barely know each other, but how he is another one i feel like i've know forever. I love to see the Lord working in him. I haven't seen him in over a month. And i only got to see him for a very short time, but it was so encouraging. he is special to my heart. Needless to say. The weekend was great! BuT. MLK.

It was one of the best times i've had out there. Usually we only get to interact with the kids like 12 and under. But this sunday, the older kids were already outside playing baseball and they wanted us to come play with. AH. SO funny. I got to meet Peaches, Precious, Jessica, and Jasimine. They were all about 15 and older. I LOVED it. They thought i was a funny, crazy white girl. We joked with them and got to talk about school and stuff. i hope we get to interact with them more. Pray for that. Pray for those girls. Also, there is one lil boy who one week was SOOOOOO bad. He tried to bit, kick, hit, spit on me, and anything else he could do to me, i'm sure he tried. But. This week, he was precious. He learned my name, and he kept yelling it=) Warms my heart when they learn my name and remember it! Also, our story time was sweet. Amber had more of the younger kids, and i had the older ones. The kids that played ball were with me. There has only been one time when i felt the Lord telling me to share specifically about him, and that was with like two lil girls. Not with a whole group of kids, and the older kids. Anyway. I did and it was sweet. Who knows if anyone heard, but pray the Lord is stirring in their hearts. I want to see the older kids come back. Ah. I'm excited!
Its tuesday. A good sweet tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment