Friday, April 9, 2010

Ladies Night


Today was one of the best days! I worked half a day and then i was off to Ruston with Stephanie for the first time in over a month. It was kinda crazy to think. I was so excited and nervous. ha. So ready to see my friends, but i wasn't so sure how things were going to be. If it was going to be hard to interact with people because i didn't really know what was going on in their lives anymore, cause i haven't been there experiencing life with them. AND. they haven't been experiencing the things i have been either. So. I full of mixed emotions and many thoughts. But ya know. We always make it out to be so much worse than it every really is. 

I didn't tell too many people that i was coming in because i wanted to surprise them, and. Its just kinda hard. You really only have 2 days to see people. And i just didn't want to be all over the place only spending like an hour with 10 different people. So. Know if i didn't see you or tell you i was coming in doesn't mean i don't love you and that you aren't special to me. I just wanted to pour myself out fully to a few people and not a little bit to a whole lot. ya know? So next time i'm in. Please! Lets hang out! Ok ok. Back to the ride to Ruston. It was sweet. I drove and steph and i talked pretty much the whole 1hr and 30mins. I really love talking to her. There was one thing that i just remember telling her. I think she might have asked me if i was nervous or excited or something. But. I remember my excitement pouring out and me just telling her that i was ready to see people. Ready to tell them about what i have been experiencing. Cause i'm different. In a month the Lord has changed me so much. In more ways than i prolly know. I was ready for people to see that. I have learned so much about myself, and life, and Jesus. It was exciting. Its exciting telling yall about it now. And... i just wanted people to see the difference. I mean... i hope they did. ha. Anyway. Once we got to Ruston, it was early afternoon, and steph and i hung out down town a bit. It was fun doing that because in the fall steph will be living in Ruston, and if i'm back there, we will get to hang out all the time! Thats super exciting=) After that we went to love on Megan for a bit. I just really love love love her. So much about her. I love that the Lord has molded us to be so close in the past few months. I only got to see her a few mins. Then i got to see Zachary and surprise Colin. He was prolly the only one that didn't find out i was coming into town. ha. It was fun surprising him. I have grown to love that Colin a lot. We actually get to talk about life and deeper things other than surface level things. Its actually been about a year now that i've known colin. ha. Just thought about that. Anyway. After i left their apartment i met Michael Reid for a humphrey. When i was at Tech Michael and i would always have these unplanned meetings in the front tables at tolliver and catch each other up on life. It prolly would happen every few weeks. So it was much needed to get to catch up on his life. He is doing so well. Changing and being molded into a man. It was so good to see that. While we ate our humphrey's we sat at railroad park at Ruston's first friday and listened to some of our friends play. 
Then. My sweet girls showed up! Camille, Becca, Vera, and Leah!!! It was SOO SOO SOOO exciting to see them. I have just missed their friendships so much. We were have a girls night! We hung out at First Friday for a bit and got some free Census hats and tshirts. ha. Danced to the music and cheered really loudly for deciding to eat mexican food. ahahaha. And we all 5 shared another humphery. ha. When i saw that Camille my heart was so warm. I have been waiting to see her since i left Ruston a month ago. She has been one of the MOST encouraging people since i have been home. Its crazy how the Lord has used my time being at home to strengthen several relationships, and hers being one of them. But. When i saw that Leah Crowe, we danced and danced around hugging and laughing. It was so encouraging to see her too. I have also talked to her often while being at home. We we get together there is a whole lot of excitement, laughter, and dancing going on in one room. AND I LOVE IT! haha. These girls are so dear to my heart. We then went to eat mexican food. and while we were there we kinda got to catch up on some of the latest things, and scheme and plan for the rest of the night. ha. After we left there we went to walmart and got a few things, while making a few new friends. We ended up leaving walmart with hair color, fro yo, cookie dough, chocolate covered almonds, star crunches, sparkling grape juice, and celery. hahaha. It was so funny. After our walmart trip we went back to camilles to watch a movie. And not even 10 mins in the movie i was passed out. ha. I warned them though, my bed time is usually about 9:30. So i knew if the lights went off and i had somewhere to rest my head i would be asleep. haha. And sure enough i was passed out. But. the only one to make it through the whole movie was Becca. Everyone else had fallen asleep too. So needless to say, once it was over, we had our second wind. We didn't actually go to sleep till 2. We made a big pallet on the floor and snuggled. It was a super sweet, fun, much needed night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment