Saturday, April 10, 2010

Family Brinner=)


Saturday was such a sweet sweet day=) I loved every single moment of it! The Lord was so good, so gracious, so loving. He just confirmed so many prayers, and brought me much joy! I am so thankful. After an amazing friday night with the girls and not going to bed till 2 i still woke up around 8:30 and ran to the Clarks. It was my first time to see them in a whole month as well. Its crazy seeing them pretty much everyday, to not seeing them for a whole month!! So it was so refreshing to just get to see their faces. i really really miss Erin. She is always so encouraging and loving. Always so real, and can relate to pretty much everything i ever tell her about. So steph and i chatted for about an hour with Erin and Jonathan and cute Jackson. We tried to catch on life as quickly as possible but there was just SO much. 

We left there and i had lunch plans to get ready for. I met with Mr. Bill Reid, the pastor at Calvary Baptist, and his son David. We had a lovely, exciting lunch at Sundown in the the beautiful sun=) I don't know if yall remember me telling yall this, but exactly a week after i got home i got a phone call from him about MLK. Anyway. This was a follow up on that conversation. Can i just say the Lord provides. The hardest thing for me to leave in Ruston was MLK. Really. Till this day, every time i see kids playing outside i only think of MLK. Ah. My heart is happy when i'm there. I am SO passionate about those kids, and about the ministry. I have just seen the Lord change those kids so much in the past 4 months that we've been back there. Anyway. Mr. Bill had so many encouraging and exciting things to share with me. One thing being that their church wants to fully finically support MLK. OH MY!!! When he told me that, i think i almost peed my pants i was so excited! That means, all of our equipment/toys, saturday cookouts, and all of our summer plans, and anything else we want! WOW. This is so exciting! We talked about sooo many things, and as things come i will fill you in on more. For now, just be praying about where the Lord is leading me. I have the opportunity to come back to Ruston every weekend and continue doing MLK. Ah. I'm so stinkin EXCITED just thinking about it!!! 

After lunch me, camille, colin, caleb, and a new international friend, Asia, went to Office Depot and walmart. We had to help Asia get a computer and we had to get food to cook for dinner. Asia is THE funniest international i've ever met. He kept us laughing, he kept shouting, "NOODLES!!" and "Man, everything is so much bigger here. Even the sun is so much bigger, i'm so hot." ha. And he said we spit out english like machine guns. haha. So funny. He told camille he was a believer and she was so excited about that! Be praying for Camille and her many international students=) 
We dropped Asia off and went back to camilles and proceeded to get dinner ready and just hang out and talk about life. That evening Becca, Leah, Spencer, and Hudson came to join us. We had such a sweet night of community. We only had one rule at dinner, and that was that everyone was to help cook. It was fun. Leah made muffins, camille made eggs, becca made bacon, spencer made french toast, i made biscuits, and the other boys hung a tire swing. ha. Anyway. The weather was so fabulous that we brought the coffee tables outside and sat on the ground and had a sweet brinner. Everyone told stories, and we laughed really hard, and just enjoyed each other. There was one moment when i just sat there and just admired everyone. Just to be with them was enough for me. I have longed for that community, missed it so much.  We all helped clean up and then we had a small dance party. Well. more or less me, leah, and spencer being silly dancing around. Ha. One of my favorite things about my friends is that often, very often they go on adventures. And you know they planned one for this weekend! Woo. It was a great way to end a sweet sweet day=)

Those friends make me happy. SO happy. The Lord just covered his love over me today. From seeing the clarks, to MLK stuff with Mr. Bill, to meeting Asia, to family brinner. Such an AMAZING day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment