Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sweet Easter

Easter=) Sweet Easter=) 
Friends. I just love any reason for family or people to gather over. ha. I think when i get older i'm gunna celebrate everything. Or maybe. I'll start celebrating everything starting today. Ha. like first day of this or  one week till this. haha.  Anyway. I enjoyed getting together with my families. It really is so crazy how things change. How they will never go back to how there were or are. I just looked at my cousin Jaymee today, thats her in the picture, and i just thought about how things have changed between us so much. She's two years younger than me. We've grown up together. We clogged together all through elementary school. We showed cows together, a few years. Once that was over, we played softball together in high school. Its just crazy. Now we spend no time together. I hardly ever see her. I mean. I do more now, since i'm home. I'll never get those years back with her. I just thought about all this. The time i have with my sisters right now and my parents. Some of yall in college with your roommates. How yall might not be together next year. And even if you are, it won't be the same. Just things to think about. Things never stay the same. I think thats why i am so confident in the word. It NEVER changes. My Savior NEVER changes. Thats just crazy to me. Cause everything we know CHANGES. Anyway. Not getting off on this changing and stuff. I want to tell yall about my Easter!
My family was fabulous. My granny (dads mom) is getting older and such so its always fun to go see her. She lives alone, so she LOVES having her family over. Like i said. We pretty much only all get together for holidays. But. Its fun to catch up on life with them. Mom, steph, em, and i hid easter eggs for the kids. And the lil red headed girl, Josie, who is 5, got SO excited when she spotted an egg! it was hilarious. It wasn't just like the first few she found she was excited, but EVERYONE she found she was THRILLED to find. haha. So we had a good time with the 3 lil girls finding eggs. After that we just hung out for a bit and talked and took pictures. 

Then we went to the Zell's for supper. And friends. That side of the family is HILARIOUS. Everyone of them. The first time we took Jake there with us, my Uncle Phil started yelling through the house, "Jakes got a tattoo. Not just one. but 2! Wait. I see another one." haha. While all along, everyone of my uncles, including him, my grandpa, and most of my cousins, all having tats too=) They are just crazy. Thats the side with the sweet kids are on. So i always love playing with them. And my cousin Jeffery, i talked about several weeks ago, was there along with his lil sister. I really love them. Also, my cousin Jonathan married a girl i graduated with, and they're expecting a lil baby girl in June. So it was good to talk to Ginny and hear all about the baby stuff. She is just so excited. She's gunna be a great little mommy and Jonathan is going to spoil their lil girl rotten. Anyway. We ate, Rhys said the prayer, we had an easter egg hunt for the kids, and then we always play volleyball when we get together. Pretty much everyone plays, and it is so funny. We all pick on each other and laugh SO much. We fall, and look ridiculous sometimes, but we never get mad and its just awesome. While they were hiding the easter eggs for the kids, i had them inside, and the Marks kids LOVE to dance. And Rhys and Zell wanted to dance while we were waiting for them. So we busted out our dance moves. They had me laughing so hard. 

It was a sweet Easter, with my sweet family. I am so thankful for my family. It is one thing that is dear to my heart. I think the closer i get to them, the harder its going to be for me to leave them in the fall. I mean. Heck. I've only been home for a month and have 5 more to go. haha. I love it though. I'm looking forward to hanging out with dad at work. And... getting a lil bit of work done. ha. I also hope to finish my book this week. 

Just be praying that daily i'm being changed. I know i am, but that His word is penetrating into my soul and spirit. I want to be changed. I want to be real. I don't know if i've shared this with yall. I know i have with a few people, but. One thing i want to change in this 'New Season.' Is i want to be the same with my family that i am with other people. Often, we have less patience with our family, or we don't serve them like we do other people. We often say things we shouldn't, instead of holding our tongue like we do with others. Anyway. I was challenged with this today. I want it to keep changing. I want to WANT to serve my family. I want to be selfless. I wish i could be selfless all the time. I wish it wasn't natural to think about ourselves first. Ugh. I want to think about others. Thats what i'm trying to do. Tomorrow is going to be a good day of work. 

AND. All day today, i was proud to share i was home, working for my dad=) 



No comments:

Post a Comment