Friday, April 2, 2010

April Fools??





Ha. April fools. I totally forget about these kinds of things... so when i sent a few text out saying i just cut all my hair off!!!!!!!! A few people thought i was pullin an April fools. ha. But i sure wasn't. I got my hairs cut today. A lil under a foot cut off. I just did it. I was tired of talking about how i wanted to cut it, and i said what the heck.
3 good reasons i cut my hair.
1) Why not? Its just hair, and it grows.
2) Warming up outside, too much hair, too hot!
3) It would always end up in a pony tail.
Haha... But my girl Bonnie got me. Well. Kinda. She told me Needtobreathe broke up. And like an idiot i believed her. ha.

Anyway. Enough about pointless stuff. Lets talk about the day. Well. First. Can i just let yall know, that the past three days i have randomly gotten the urge to write a book. Isn't that funny? I never think i have EVER EVER had the slightest desire to do that. Ha. Just a thought for yall. I mean... since yall care so much. ha. ANYWAY. Along with that thought, i have been thinking lots of CRAZY thoughts lately. I literally cannot stop thinking. And i'm not even thinking about stupid stuff, or even things that have to do with me. Just as if it were crazy talkin. haha. Sorry. ok. The day.

The day was not too exciting. Doesn't mean it was a bad day. Just not real exciting. A few fun things happen, and a few meaningful things happen. So here goes it! I got to work around 7, but my job didn't really start till around 9ish. So... once work did get to going, i was working with Josh and Joel most of the day, and Jimbo and Sam here and there. I have grown to love those men. I think they are all so funny. And they are so sweet to me. Well. Prolly cause i'm a lil girl on a construction site. ha. Anyway. We were working at the high i went to, and they were having a softball game today. Can i just say, sometimes its harder than others to tell people that i'm home, and then that i'm doing construction work. The first week or so was the hardest, and those feelings began to come back as my old team mates began to arrive at the school. Need i say we were working right in the middle of the parking lot. But yall. I just hate that feeling the devil brings over you. That feeling of worthlessness, the feeling of shame. I HATE IT!!!! I felt so guilty for feeling that way. And then at that moment. I decided to rock the fact i was working with my dad, doing construction work. Its just crazy. One of the girls pulled up, and said, "i was wondering who that woman was out there doing that construction work, and then i realized it was you!" I almost felt embarrassed. But. That is totally the wrong feeling to have. Within about 15 mins i had to explain to people what i was doing out there. I mean... people. How often are young lil girls like me, working on stinking construction work??? I mean. Really? So... as people kept pullin up here and there, Josh looked over at me and said, "this must be so embarrassing for you." Ah. I think i threw up a lil bit in my mouth when i heard him say that, because i was so disgusted with myself that was actually how i was feeling. Ugh. And at that moment, i chose to be proud of what i'm doing. I really was and am learning so much. An old friend of mine once told me that his dad made him push mow their yard. And my friend would get so mad and always ask why. And one day his dad told him, "Cause son. It builds character." And i was reminded of Mr. Kenny telling Cas that. ha. And i feel like, no, i KNOW, this is building my character. For starters its humbling me. Haha. Because, not that Josh meant it in any harmful way, he more than likely didn't even realize what he was saying to me, but i just thought and thought about that. And i will not feel shame because of what i'm doing. I can tell you one thing, it has given me a greater respect for my Father, for his workers, and for anyone who does labor work.

Another thing i've learned, is i SURE do not want to do labor work for the rest of my life, but i DO NOT want to be stuck in an office all day either. ha. When Sam and Jimbo would come back and forth, we would get to talk. And yall. Almost every conversation i get into with anyone, we always end up talking about life/jobs. Jimbo's advise was to do what you wanted while you could, because once you get to point of having kids and such you're not as free to go and do like ya want. And i TOTALLY agree with that statement. ha. And then, Sam's was so sweet and compassionate, he was just letting me know i would figure it out soon enough. And i would find something i would enjoy doing. Its just encouraging to talk to them and them not bash me for not being in school right now. Sometimes i'm almost terrified to tell or let some people find out. That they will bash me, or think less of me. Not often. But there was someone this week i even avoided their phone call because i didn't want them to ask about school... and so on from there. Anyway. Its not as bad as i think i'm making it seem. This has only happen a few times, and usually i get over it real quick. But. Like i said, encouraging to talk with them.

Also, I watched the kids tonight, so Colby and Jen could go on a date. They were a bit bad tonight. haha. Thats not often. But i just takes so much out of me, when i have to get on to them. Drains me. Anyway. Once i had them all asleep around 9, i feel asleep on their couch waiting on them. haha. So tired. Anyway. When they got back, i sat for about 20 mins laughing with Jen an Colby about random funny stuff. There was a point when Colby said Jen was the boss, and he was no different from Jerry (mine and Jens grandpa) and she was no different from Phylis (our grandma). HAHAHA. That was the funniest thing said all night. No one will get that but my family prolly, but dang. If yall only knew.

Ah. Before i fall asleep again writing this all, i want to share my verse with yall this week.. well. As far as i remember right now.

"And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lords glory, are being transformed into the like-ness of Christ...." 2 Cori 3:18. And i forgot the rest. But. I will know it by Sunday morning=)

No comments:

Post a Comment