Sunday, April 11, 2010

Refreshing Sunday


Can i just say. This may be a bit long. ha. Sorry. I just have soo much in my heart!!! After our adventure we did not go to sleep till late, but once again, i was awake early. So... i went for a nice run that morning. It was just so amazing. The weather was beautiful, the trees were so green, and it was just time by myself to just thank the Lord for such an amazing weekend so far! But, really there was so much more good stuff that day. When i got back to the house, Leah and Camille were awake. I was sitting outside just enjoying the Lord, when sweet Leah and cam came out to chat. It was just a sweet time of intimate girl talk. I got to listen to Leah share her heart. As we all 3 shared my juicy pear=) hahaha. By this time we had decided to have church together that morning. And it was by far the best decision! We sat outside and shared our hearts, Caleb played his guitar and we just sang some sweet songs, and just enjoyed the Lord together. Its just so hard to explain it, but it was such an intimate time with each other, while being in the Lords presence. It was great to encourage each other, and talk about where we are struggling. Friends. If you're reading this. Know i am specifically praying for the things yall talked about.

After that we went to MLK. AH. So exciting. Well. i had mixed emotions. I was a bit nervous, because i hadn't been there in a month. I figured the kids would hate me, ha, and then it was just weird me jumping in right back where i left off. I just didn't know if that was ok or what? It was really just lies the devil was placing in my thoughts. I HATE that. Anyway. It was so encouraging seeing everyone, and loving on them. Getting to briefly catch them up on hardly nothing, bc there was no time. I am thankful for the understanding that they have and they just love me, even if they haven't seen me or talked to me in a month!! Once we got out to MLK, one lil boy, JT, was SO excited to see me and started shouting my name and saying he has been missing me. AAAHHHH!!! Friends. At that moment i thought i was going to cry! I had a fear the kids wouldn't care about me, they wouldn't remember my name, and not even a minute after being there the Lord confirmed other wise!!! WOW. how little faith i have. Then not even 5 mins later Te-Te came up and wanted to know where i have been, and several of the kids remembered me! My heart was just SOOO full. I just felt the Lord all over that place. Friends. I LOVE THAT PLACE. i love the kids, i love doing whatever they want me to do, i love picking up trash after them, i LOVE getting my nails painted all crazy each week, i love hearing about what they're learning in school, i love loving on them! Often times when my heart gets so full, i have to just sit and observe. And today, i just had to sit back and watch what the Lord was doing, and see the things he has done! I want yall to be praising the Father for the work he has done, and will continue doing through MLK. I know this is only the beginning!

After we left MLK, i told the group about Calvary wanting to support us, but not take over MLK, just wanting to add to what we were already doing. And they were SO excited! Most of us went to Sonic after for happy hour. At that moment too, my heart was happy. That was the first time that most people who help with MLK all hung out together, besides every sunday with kids. It was such a sweet time! I am so thankful for each one of them. Its also so amazing how i have seen the Lord change us as we get to serve his people.

Then, i went to pick up steph from Jakes and we went home. It was kinda weird. Cause the whole weekend i hardly saw steph. And we spend everyday together. Its like we were no where near each other to hang out. But. it was cool getting to hear all about her weekend on the way home. One of my friends asked me this weekend if i ever get tired of talking. And, when they i asked i said no. But. As i was on my way to get steph, i just shut down. i don't think i could've talked anymore if i wanted to at that point. I think it had just been so long since i had really talked to so many people, that there was so much to catch up on that i finally reached empty.  Cause i mean... every time i saw someone, they would ask and i would tell. Its definitely not a bad thing though. I love to have conversations with people. I think it just all caught up on me, and i was SOO tired! So tired! But, i enjoyed listening to steph and thinking over the weekend on the drive home=)

Its so crazy how the Father has worked through so many relationships since i have been home. Some people i hardly talked to every few days, i talk to them pretty much everyday now that i'm home. Some people that i didn't know cared so much have become so special to me. And how strong many of my friendships have become since i've been home. How thankful i am for the Father for my sweet, special friendships! I miss my friends already.

ps- When i got home i cooked my first steak on the grill. All by myself. I mean... my dad told me how to. But i did it.  And when he ate it he was pleased=)

No comments:

Post a Comment