Friday, April 2, 2010

5k. Egg hunt. Garden planting.



All in a day. So many things happen. Today was like my saturday. But. I get another saturday tomorrow!!! Woo. Anyway. It was such an awesome day. It began with my church's first ever 5k Miracle March. It was so fun. Who knew so many people were runners. Ha. It was my first race to run, and it was just so fun. So exciting, and fulfilling almost. ha. I'm ready to run that half marathon. Well. maybe not yet. But i'm looking forward to it. The whole fam ran. Dad wasn't able to cause he had a job that had to be finished by today. But all the girls ran. Em was the first woman to finish. Steph 2nd. Me 3rd. It was awesome. I barely a lady that was 8 months pregnant. ha. But. One of my girls in my 9th and 10th grade sunday school class, Olivia, ended up running with me the whole race=) 


Once it was over the church had their annual easter egg hunt. So Zell, Rhys, and Ella came to it. Of course they are always precious, but today. Wow. I wish everyone could just get a day, even just an hour with these kids. SO CUTE. First let me say Rhys is so bad!!(bad in a cute, good way) I hunted eggs with him. He really just liked wearing his basket on his head. Anyway. Once it was over they gave all the kids juice and cupcakes. Really it was just sugar and sugar. ha. Needless to say all the Marks kids  got the sugars. The pictures below this are so hilarious. I wish yall could have seen it. Rhys didn't really want his cupcake, so we let Ella try some of the icing. And well. Once Ella got it, Rhys wanted it back. And so on. Back and forth between each kid. There was icing everywhere. I don't think they even touched the cake part. But every bit of icing was gone. hahaha. Those kids are sweet sweet. Also, while we were there, the principal at the elementary school i went to goes to my church, and she was there. We got to talking and i was telling her that i may be interested in teaching. Anyway. Basically the conversation resulted in me going to observe in some different classrooms in a few weeks. Going a few times a week and just interacting with the kids and such. I'm really looking forward to it. The time was good with my old church family. Its crazy how things change so much, but still kinda stays the same. 


After the morning festivities, mom wanted to go pick up a few things for easter. We went to a few places and it was my first time it spend my hard earned money. I didn't enjoy it so much. Now that its my money i'm spending, i'm more careful as to what i buy. ha. My dad would be proud for that statement. haha. Anyway. It was just mom and me. We went and had lunch a chic fil a. Then just got a few things around town. Anyway. She was excited to hang out with me. We got to dance in the car and sing to Michael Jackson. ha. And talk. I LOVE my mom. A Lot. She laughs at me. I like that. 


Then when we got home, it was just mom, dad, and me at home. And we got the pleasure to plant the garden this evening!! Woo. It really was so fun. I learned a lot about gardens that i never knew. I was dad lil gardener today. I put out fertilizer, then i got the opportunity to hoe the garden. baha. You see me working in that picture. That is not easy stuff my friends. Its been about 3 hours since we stopped and i am already sore, with 2 blisters on my left hand and one on my right. ha. I mean... come on people. I did 6 very loooong rows. And. My dad told me i did AWESOME!!!! Woo. One of my favorite words and my dad used it in the same sentence as my name! ha. Ok. Its really not that big of a deal. But. Its good to know he was pleased with my work. We planted, okra, squash, corn, eggplant, beans, peas, cucumbers, and sunflowers for moms=) YALL. i just LOVED that time with my parents. We didn't talk a whole lot or anything. I just liked hanging out with them for a few hours. Just me and them.  


As i watched them as i worked and as i think about it even now. It made me so happy to help them. I just enjoy those unplanned, sweet moments. As we gardened, we watched the sun set, and the Lord filled me with much joy at that moment. Don't know if yall remember me telling yall about the prayer book i started reading in Barns and Noble 2 weeks ago. Anyway. There was a part in there that said when we truly love someone we get to the point that we can just admire them and not even talk. That we just admire who they are and we love to be around them. Anyway. Thats one of the many things i have been thinking about. And one reason i love the sun, moon, stars, pretty much nature, is because i love to admire the work of the Lord. And i just figured out that i just really want to be able to just admire the Lord. Just for who he is. Just to sit in our Fathers presence and not even talk. Not ask him to change this, or do this, or me this or me that, i just want to sit. Sit and admire. My heart leaps to think about that. At this moment i am filled with much joy in my heart to know, he admires me. Thats how much he loves me. I long to be so close with my Father. Sometimes i get overwhelmed and when i feel like i don't know when i'm gunna have time to spend with him, he always. ALWAYS, provides me at least 30 mins alone a day. I don't always take advantage of those moments like i should, but i'm working on realizing when those moments are and taking them. Friends. Days like today, i'm filled with much joy and my heart rejoices to the Lord. Even the sound of rain outside my window is the icing on the cake. I love sharing when my heart is full. I think the Lord wants us to share those moments or maybe not. But. Why not?! I mean... i will share those moments! When i get so full, so full of joy, i can't help but share! Share your joy with people=) 
I know there are a few faithful friends that read everyday. Its kinda funny, next time i see yall and try to tell yall stories yall will pretty much know them. ha. Just let me know if ya know it. Don't let me share it again. ahha. I have no idea if anyone reads my blog. Well. I take that back. I know steph reads it. ahha. Anyway. I just thought about that. 
Anyway! I know most of yall are at home with family. I know they can be crazy a lot of the time, but. You're there for a few days. Love on them. Try to be selfless and serve. Let them know what the Lords teaching you. Seek out the one lonely one. And just be real with them. Pray the Lord presents those opportunities. Trust me. If he wants it, it'll happen. He is faithful. He provides. Rest in that. I'm excited at the moment. So full of joy! Ah. At midnight. haha. I NEED sleep!!! ha. Tomorrow=)

No comments:

Post a Comment