Monday, May 17, 2010

the weekend of many firsts


This was the first weekend i did not go to Ruston for MLK. Since it was such a crazy week at home i got to rest at home, well kinda, ha. Saturday i got to spend the afternoon with my so called "plan C" friends. haha. Nate, Greg, Kyle, Adam, Jeremy, and few sweet girls. Sarah Kate, Allison, Parker, and Leslie. It was an interesting day. We went to Jeremy's camp on Caney Lake. It was so nice out there. The weather was not so beautiful. It rained on and off all day=( BUT. I had a few first times that day. It was my first time to drive a jet ski. and might i add that i threw Nate and i off. ha. And then... Jeremy taught me how to ski!! It was so awesome!! I loved it. Got up on my first try. Woo WOO!! I was sooo excited! ha. Those boys are so funny. I did not stop laughing at them all day. I got to tell them stories about working for dad. And a few of them are construction majors and they said they were a bit impressed with the things i do. ha. I find it funny that they actually know what i'm talking about. Not so much funny. But relieving. That i could say things to them and they actually would understand without me having to explain everything. Anyway. I stayed and had dinner with them and just hung out till after dark. It was a sweet, fun day.

Then. The real adventure of the weekend was Sunday. First time for the families to meet! The Dugard family came to Bentley. The WHOLE dugard family! Jake. Logan. his girlfriend Kelsey, whom i LOVE. Neely, her husband and 2 boys. And Mr. Bill and Mrs. Sharon.  It was a bit AWESOME. Then my grandparents came, and my lil boys, Rhys and Zell came. Funny kids. We had a delicious lunch. We went swimming, and went to the place that steph and jake are getting married. Sweet sweet loooonnnnggg day=) I loved loved his family.

Such a sweet time this is between Steph and Jake. Like now we're one big family. Pray the Lord is preparing Steph and Jake. That their unity will bring Him much glory. They would seek the Lord out in every decision. They are so great! I love Jake and Steph so very much! I'm excited for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment