Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Sweet Week

Ah. Another week has went by. Its really kinda crazy to think its been almost 3 months that i've been home?! WOW. Its really went by kinda fast. Some days seem like they take forever. but. On usually thats monday and friday is always here before you know it. So with today being friday its been an awesome week.
During the week i just got to work around Bentley. One day i went to Pine Prairie and helped dad build a road. ha. Shot grades and measured out the road and the ditches. And. Picked up sticks. ha. I'm getting pretty good at that. That was really the only day i worked REALLY hard. ha. Other days steph and i did office stuff and mini storage stuff. I got to see the kids a lot this week. On my lunch breaks i usually go see them. My grandma keeps Rhys and Ella. So i usually go help her put them down for naps. Except sometimes i prolly stir them up more than help calm them down. ha.

A lil update on the garden- steph and i tied up the tomato plants. They're getting pretty big and there are lil green tomatoes on them. In about a week we should have big fresh bright red tomatoes=) I don't even like them, but. Its just exciting to see the fruit of the harvest. Ya know? I know everyone likes that feeling. The garden has been fun to do. The easy work is now. Just watering it about everyday and picking a few weeds here and there. The hardest part comes, having to pick it everyday! Both gardens! ha. But. That will come soon enough. I'm enjoying the easy stuff right now.

Friday was the best day of the week.  Crawfish boil with Grant Eastern Construction BAY BAY!!! ha. So fun. So all day we prepared. I had very random task throughout the day.
1) Pick up and sweep out shop
2) Ice down the drinks
3) Bake cookies, Cake, and brownies
4) Move picnic tables.... and my favorite....
5) Water down the driveway. ba ha.

The task were kinda fun actually. haha. While icing down the drinks i drop a dr. pepper and i busted all over me. ha. Then... everyone of my baked goodies were eaten. Best lemon cake they ever had=) haha. I love to bake for people! And the best of all was me standing out at the shop in the driveway with a super loooonnngggg water hose wetting down the dirt and rocks so it wouldn't be so dusty. ha. My dads brilliant idea=) Then when the men would come in and out i would wash off their windows for them=) it was fun. I like my men. They always take care of me. I just think so much of them. Their loyalty to my dad and his business. And just being the hard workers they are. I am so thankful for them.

Dad invited a lot of people to come eat crawfish. All his workers and all their families. Precious. This lil boy in this picture was Jimbo's grandson. FUNNY kid. He had a legit awesome rat tail. haha. You can kinda see it in the picture with steph. He kept us entertained. It was a fun time to just get to sit and talk and not have to work. To get to meet all their families and like 4 of them all have lil kids. They were fun to play with.
Just a sweet time for us to love on them. I can see the Lord moving in my dads business. Work is kinda slowing down a lil bit for my dad. So my pray the Lord provides enough work to keep his workers busy. But. Just how it was kinda weird at first for me to be around all these men and now they're just like big brothers to me. I love being able to encourage them and talk to them about their sweet families. And they love telling me about life! I really do love it.

The past few weeks i have just been struggling with work. Like... not wanting to work. Questioning the Lord why we work? Why right now i have to work? Anyway. I was randomly talking to Jake the other day. He was kinda struggling with working also. I was telling him all i wanted to do was love on people and serve. NOT work. ha. But then he reminded me that Paul worked along with sharing the gospel. He built tents. Umm... hello. Jesus was a carpenter. I mean... they worked and were in the ministry. When jake told me that it just became so real to me. Its pretty normal to work. I mean... its ok to work. Jesus did it. Right? I mean... i'm still learning about all this and studying it. I just hate the idea that once i go back to school and when i finish i will work until i pretty much die. Thats what i feel like happens. and i DO NOT want that to be all. I also have been reminded the Lord works and uses our places of work to love on people. What better way for us to connect to the world. I know that maybe only one man that works for my dad is a believer. I don't know what its like for him. If its hard for him to share about Christ to his coworkers or what. but. I know the men see a difference in him. Be praying for him, Lee. That the men, and people around would only see Christ in him. That he would be able to love and encourage our lil business men.
I just love my lil family=) They are so dear and precious to me. Em leaves next thursday for the whole summer. She'll be working in South Carolina as like assistant director of Mfuge camp. She is really struggling with leaving home, with wedding planning and all, family, and her sweet friends. It twas a good friday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment