Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Grateful Mothers day!!

Sweet Sweet mothers day=) One of the absolute best! On saturday i left mom a note that morning to open that said something like, "Dear Best mom ever, Seeing as you have been so great the past 25 or so years of being a mommy. Today you must be ready 1pm sharp. Wear something smokin' and have a hot date. Make no other plans for the evening. 1pm. SHARP."
Ha. So that was her invite type thing. It was fun. She kept asking questions and wanting to know what was happening, who was going, should she do this or that, what to wear. ha. She was funny. Dad finally told her we were going to lafayette. So she just thought she was gunna go shopping and eat. Thinking everyone was coming. ha. But it was just dad and me. Anyway. Once we got there, we shopped as she thought we would. Then took her to our favorite mexican restaurant, then acted as if we were just going home. When we missed our turn she thought i had just gotten lost on our way back. Ha. Then i told her to look in my purse and get the papers in there and read them. I was watching her in the mirror. Funny. Her faced started to get real excited and she looked up and said, "is this tonight??" Ha. So cute. She was freaking out all the way there. haha.
Once we got there it was only like 30 mins before the concert started. Mom and i were upset we didn't get the memo to wear cutoffs and boots. ha. EVERYONE had them on. haha. So. Sons of Sylvia opened for Carrie. They good. Not my favorite. But they were believers and played some bluegrass. It was pretty awesome. Then Craig Morgan was 2nd. I had never really heard of him before, but he was so AWESOME. he is also a believer. He talked about Christ which i thought was really neat. He sang 'Amazing Grace' and 'Easy Like Sunday Morning.' he was funny! He had some serious hip action going on and a few butt dances to the crowd. ha. My dad loved him! I mean... considering how he slept through the first band. Funny dad. THEN.

Carrie Underwood!!!!!!!
When i first came across the tickets i was like, "this will be good. Moms will love it so it'll be great!' Not thinking i was really gunna enjoy it a whole lot. but friends. it was AWESOME. Carrie just did and incredible job. She put on and awesome concert. And she sang "How Great Thou Art." She good. She talked to the crowd and danced around a bit. She was cute. So real. She forgot the words to like her 2nd or 3rd song and that made me like her even more. ha. She was precious. Mom and i had so much fun dancing around. Singing her songs. On thursday and friday i sold moms carrie cd and had to learn the songs. So it payed off at the concert. I knew most of them=)

Mom absolutely LOVED it. This morning we went to church, had lunch at my Dads mom. Sweet time. Then. Dinner with the Zell family. Fun day it was. I really love my family. The more time i get to spend with them the more i love them. i am just so grateful.

At lifegroup we're studying Philippians. And a few weeks ago we talked about when we have a grateful attitude towards things its always a bit easier. Easier to serve you dad when he has a whole list of things for you to do for the day. Easier to help Em cook when i'm grateful that i just have time to spend with her. Grateful that i can work with Steph each day. Does that make sense? When we have grateful attitudes sometimes you let people be jerks to you and its ok. So lately i have been trying to have a grateful attitude about everything. Work. Chores. Helping. Doing. Pray that my attitude is grateful. That i'm reminded to be grateful. I can just tell when i am how much more i enjoy things.

I just want to be grateful. Today. I am so grateful for my mom. For my grandma. And my granny. And really all the women who do so much and don't get credit. Not that Moms often do any thing and expect a thank you. But they deserve it. My mom is incredible. She is so great at being a mom and knowing when its ok to be my friend, while still correcting and encouraging me. She is so loving. So AMAZING with children. So patient. So selfless. She is a servant. She is a heck of a cleaner. haha. She loves to work in the yard. She loves to spend her money and time on her family. Ah. I hope in so many ways i become like her. Precious she is to me. =) Now that you know more about my sweet Cindy. ha. I just challenge yall to be so grateful. To really step back and look at the things of life. Friends. My mom by no means is perfect. But who's is? I think things could always be worse. So be grateful. And by being grateful you somehow become selfless in those moments. Not just with your mom, or your parents, or even your families. But the sweet mentors we have, the loyal sometimes annoying friends we have. Be grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Well this is my first time commenting on one of your blogs..how exciting ha! I look forward to updates, but you already know that. Thanks for gently reminding me to have a grateful heart. In the midst of finals, packing crazily for camp, trying to find the time to learn my bible study material, and so much other crazy stuff. Love love love you.

    ReplyDelete