Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!!!!


"By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers." 1 John 3:16

These were some of the cards i made
 I also really really really lovvveee to bake. So what a better excuse to bake than Valentine's day:)
So these days i'm on this kick of "i don't like to eat prepackaged things"... unless they are holiday sugar cookies:) ha. but really. Along with that trying to be a vegetarian, i fill you in more on that later. but. yes. i decided to bake some homemade chocolate chip cookies!!! SO DELICIOUS. Martha Stewart recipe is jammin'. but... i like to add my few lil touches to it. 
1) the recipe calls for 2 sticks of butter... well. i don't really like butter too much. well. at all really. so i only put 3/4 of the 2nd stick of butter. even then it still has too much. ha
2) it calls for 2 cups of brown sugar... there again i put 1 1/3 cups. For regular sugar i only but 1/4 a cup. 
3) it says to use 2 cups of milk chocolate but i only put 1 cup of milk chocolate, and 1/2 cup of dark chocolate. still sooo delicious. 
4) If you've never used pampered chief's stone wear... you won't go back. I LOVE IT!!! try it!
5) i always under cook my cookies. but with the stone i let them sit about 3 mins to cool a bit and to finish cooking. Then i take them off with a metal spatula and place them on wax paper. not a cooling rack. I find that they stay more moist on the wax paper vs. the cooling rack. 

I've always always LOVED valentine's day. It's not because i have a boyfriend, because i don't. But i really really really just love it.  When i tell people i usually say it's because of all the pink and red. the flowers, the candy. the delicious goodies:) i do love all that. but. it really is because i just love LOVE.  Like really. My mom always makes fun of me because i always say, "i just LOVE her/him/them/that." ha. and its true, i do. But i'm soo truthful in that.  Ever since i can remember i have always prayed that i would love like our Father.  I mean... its been on of those regular things ive prayed for but, i truly want to LOVE like Christ.  I want the words that i speak to be like his, covered only in love, with that truth, encouragement, and life. The way i approach people, the way i spend my time. I really really want to love like Jesus.  I mean... i know i fail at this horribly. More often than i succeed at it. But it is the cry of my heart. I want Christ's love to be the fountain that pours out of me.  That i would do it for His names sake. Not for Allyson. but for him. For love comes from him.  
I often think about the people who are in any kind of relationship, how they say they love that person, or their children. But how can we know true love unless we know Christ. and praise Jesus that i can experience true love!
 "Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.  Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love."
 1 John 4:7-8
I'm sooo thankful for that! And for that i am thankful for a holiday that celebrates love. For love comes from Christ. 
"We love because he first loved us." 1John 4:19.  

Everything always go back to Christ. EVERYTHING. and today, this manmade holiday, goes back to Christ, for he created love:)  

I love you friends, because Christ loves me! ps- read 1 John! Sooo much love! 
"How great is the Love the Father has lavished on us that we may be called children of God. And that is what we are!"1John 3:1




No comments:

Post a Comment